Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"I went to that tanning place your wife suggested."

"Was that place THE SUN?"

Ok so Ross on "Friends" had some issues, and I too was afraid when last week I decided to get a spray tan.

I wanted to go from my normal self...
which is something similar to this shade of translucent blue...

...to somewhere well before Tan Mom:


Do I want a clear coat or a bronzer?

Do I want a level one or a level two?

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE ANSWERS, TANNING PLACE LADY?

Fortunately she steered me right, and I ended up looking...well...normal.



After the wedding on Saturday, my whole family went to the Twins game, where my dad had reserved a suite.

Awe. some.  All the hot dogs, burgers (and beer) we could possibly want.

Then mid-way through the game, this ridiculous cart showed up:
Nothing says "baseball" quite like cheesecake and tiramisu, AMIRIGHT?

So needless to say, after the things I ate (and drank) this weekend, last night it was time to get back on track.  By that I mean- allllll aboard the fiber traaaaaaain!

Couscous with Roasted Veggies
-2 boxes garlic flavored couscous, uncooked (or swap out quinoa)
-1 pint grape tomatoes
-1 head of cauliflower, roughly chopped into florets
-2 large zucchini, chopped into smallish chunks
-1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-1 can white beans (drained and rinsed)
-1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
-Salt and pepper to taste

Preface- in hindsight I could've just used one large pan instead of the separate one for the tomatoes.  All the veggies cook in about the same time anyway.

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Toss cauliflower and zucchini together in a large bowl.  Stir in olive oil 'til well coated.  Spread out on a large rimmed baking sheet.  Add tomatoes as well. Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. While veggies are roasting, prepare couscous according to package directions.  Add to the large bowl you just used for your veggies.
4.  Add cooked vegetables and stir in the beans and seasoning.  Add cheese.  Serve hot or cold.

Makes 5 servings.  Per serving: 325 calories, 42 g carbs, 13 g fat, 13 g protein, 4 g fiber

Maybe I'm better off with pale & cauliflower after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment