Friday, January 25, 2013

Good intentions

Yesterday while driving to work, I was very proud of myself for remembering to pack my gym bag with workout clothes and shoes.  Oh yes- I had every intention of having a nice li'l workout over my lunch hour.

Only when noon came around, I was starving, and everyone knows it's not good to work out on an empty stomach, right?  I mean how can your body possibly burn any calories when it's only thought is FEED ME?  So I ditched the midday workout in exchange for vegetable soup and a promise to hit the gym on my way home after work.

But then 5:00 came around and I was starving.  Again.  And as bad of an idea as it is to be driving on an empty stomach, again it is worse to work out with an empty stomach.  Do you see the sense in my reasoning?

I had to get home ASAP to feed myself.  Good thing I had salsa chicken waiting for me in the slow cooker. 

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts with any visible fat trimmed
-1 packet taco seasoning
-16 oz jar salsa of your choice

Place the chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker.  Top with taco seasoning and salsa.  Cook on low for 5 hours or high for 2.5 hours.  Shred with a fork when finished. Perfect for making tacos- just add cheese and lettuce.

 As for my ditched workout?  Never fear.  I have the gym bag in my car, along with a protein bar.  And some chicken tacos for lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment