Thursday, August 22, 2019

Snack attacks

I think my kids must be going through growth spurts because not only are they sleeping 12 hours each night, but they're also requesting 27 snacks a day.

Historically I've kept the fridge filled with apples so they can just help themselves, but I can concede that they need a bit more variety.

I am ALL FOR Amazon Prime delivery and so I've been trying out a few kid-geared snacks. My criteria is simple: it has to be nutrient-dense (good source of protein and fiber rather than low calorie), it has to be affordable, and it has to taste good!

Here are some picks:

Image result for hippeas chickpea puffs

Hippeas chickpea puffs

My kids like the white cheddar and the barbecue flavors. The sriracha, as expected, is spicy but perfect for me. They have 200 calories per individual bag with 4 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber.


Chocolate Chip packaging

Buying these on Amazon is so much cheaper than buying them in store! I was at Target last week and noticed a box of six was selling for over $7. Amazon's price is $10.28 for 18. My kids LOVE these- even my 16-month old twins! One bar has 140 calories with 2 grams of fiber and 2 grams of protein.


MySuperCookies Organic Whole Grain Cookies, Variety Pack, 1oz, 24 Count


Okay these are just so cute- individual packs of super-kid shaped cookies. I buy the variety pack which has honey, blueberry vanilla, and chocolate. Each pack is 110 calories with 3 grams of fiber. If we have a long morning of errands to run, I'll give each kid/baby a pack of these for an easy morning snack.

If you're in the same boat and hearing "I need a snaaaaaack" as much as me, try these out!

No comments:

Post a Comment