Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Oh, just the usual gripe about winter

"Knock, knock!"

"Who's there?"

"Snowball!"

"Snowball who?"

"Snowball in your face! TEE HEE HEE HEE!"

The alternative answer, per my four year old, is poopy in your face.

*Sigh*

We keep getting snow. Beautiful, peaceful, I've-almost-had-enough-of-it-snow.




Although this weekend we actually went out and did something fun. The Camping/RV show at the convention center! WoooHOOOO!

The boys went ape over all the campers, tiny and huge.








I'm feeling the looooove this week and dressed up for church accordingly.





Last night I hosted a few girlfriends for dinner. Fred was not a fan of my new festive Amazon shirt. "Take it offfffff!"




I made Caprese-style Hasselback chicken breasts. Hasselback chicken is one of my favorites- you can stuff it with just about anything and because you're cutting all the slits, I find they cook faster than if you normally had such fat chicken breasts.




On my mind this week is debating whether or not I should attempt to train for a springtime half marathon. It's a race that my husband and I have done every other year (alternating with pregnancies). I'm motivated to get back into a solid running routine, but, how in the world did I ever used to wake up at 5 am on a workday to get in my five mile run?! It's all I can do to get out of bed these days at 7 am. Do I:
a. sign up for the race with plans of popping a Unisom at 7:30 pm
b. skip it. What do I need to prove?
c. sign up for the race but gripe about training for the next three months

If you know me at all, you'll know I'm leaning toward C. I've already printed off Hal Higdon's training plan and written in the dates for each run.


Anyone feel like cheering me on come May 11?

...or giving me a ride to the finish line?

No comments:

Post a Comment