Friday, November 16, 2018

When the sun's coming up I got cakes on the griddle

Now that it's less than a week until I set up my Christmas stuff, I finally have my fall decor all set.






Uhhh this last pic is to prove that my house is full of children.

In other things, in a million years you would never guess what singer my four year old is obsessed with.

Er, I guess the title of this post is a pretty massive clue.


YUP. John Denver! We sing "Thank God I'm a country boy" no fewer than 23 times a day.

My boys are pretty lucky that I am willing to make them pancakes every morning. I recently started buying Kodiak Cakes (late to the party!) and we love them. Not only are they super easy to make- just add milk or water- but nutritionally they're a great choice.




Ya see that ingredient list? Love that it's truly whole grain with no added sugar. The carb to protein ratio is great for a breakfast too. Too bad I forgot to actually take a picture of the cooked pancakes. They're light and fluffy and filling. I don't recommend topping with syrup- even 100% maple syrup is nothing but sugar and minimal nutrients. A smear of almond or peanut butter with some sliced apple or banana is awesome. I've also sprinkled frozen blueberries or dark chocolate chips in them too. You could get all seasonal and stir in some canned pumpkin and cinnamon too.

So yes- we have cakes on the griddle but we're lacking in fiddles and farmhand tools. Life IS nothing but a funny, funny riddle.


No comments:

Post a Comment