Monday, October 15, 2018

Rocky Mountain High

...but not literally guys (ahem, unlike *some* family members).

My husband and I spent a long weekend in Denver to visit some good friends from college and attend my cousin's wedding. Even better- my in-laws agreed to watch all four kids.


Airport bathroom selfie- nice to not have any dipes or wipes in the tote. 


We stayed the first two nights at my friends' Amanda and Eric's house. SO much better than a hotel- look at that sweet guest basket!


On Friday we drove down to Colorado Springs to walk around Garden of the Gods. So pretty!






Pike's Peak is in the background. 










We briefly walked around Old Colorado City, just a few miles from the park. 




On Friday night my cousin, his fiancee, and his family threw a welcome reception at Breckenridge Brewery, which had awesome food. I'm not a huge beer girl but my husband was impressed. Of course I'm going to be the one to take a picture of the dessert table. 




Saturday morning we all went out to Urban Egg for breakfast. Colorado's culture is...earthy...so I ordered a green veggie juice. Then it was time for a drive up to Boulder!






Boulder is seriously charming and eclectic and Colorado-y.













It's wedding time!




I mean, who *wouldn't* say "I do" with this as the backdrop? The venue was The Manor House and it was so beautiful. I've never been to a wedding where cozy blankets were provided to sit fireside.



Ah, my husband, who continually lights up my world.




















By all these pictures you'd think there was NO ACTUAL WEDDING OR GUESTS, ha, but I promise there was! I just snuck around during dinner to take some photos. Congratulations to JD and Lo and wow, phenomenal wedding!


Oh yeah, it went from 65 degrees and sunny to snow. Being a Minnesotan, I can't judge.


We had a great getaway and it was so nice to have time to catch up with friends and family. That being said, nothing compares to coming home and having your four year old want to hold hands on the ride home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment