Thursday, August 4, 2016

Introvert alert

I got a new shirt that (sadly) totally sums up my personality with one Phoebe Buffay quote:


I wish I could...but I don't want to.

Seriously though- I'm a great party guest. If I show up, I'm guaranteed to *not* come early, and I sure as hell won't overstay my welcome.

So yeah, in addition to becoming wrinkled and short-tempered in my old age, I'm also now as fun as...a bag of poo.

Speaking of poo, tried to take some baby photos this weekend. Ya know, so the kid will actually have a few photos in his album someday. I learned that having a 2 year old around pretty much guarantees every shot will be photobombed. 



Points to me for keepin' on with the recipe making and the cooking, though here it is- the peak of summertime heat and humidity, and I'm making spicy chili. I can't *not* do it though, as the crock pot set-it-and-forget-it is my m.o. Another bonus? This recipe is heavy on the canned goods, so it's quick to throw together while still being packed with protein and fiber..

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili
-2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes (can sub regular diced tomatoes)
-1 large can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
-1 large yellow onion, diced
-2 cups frozen corn
-1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
-1/2 teaspoon cumin
-1/4 teaspoon pepper
-1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed (no need to dice it up- just whole breasts are fine)

In the crock, combine the diced tomatoes and add a can of water. Stir in beans, corn, seasonings, and then top with chicken breasts. This works best if you cook on low for 8 hours.

Shred the chicken breasts and give it a good stir to evenly combine. Serve topped with fresh pico, a blob of nonfat plain Greek yogurt, or diced avocado.



Makes 6 servings. Per serving: 325 calories, 48 g carbs, 29 g protein, 1.5 g fat, 11 g fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment