Sunday, July 17, 2016

Floating on by

My work weeks have been flying by in half a second. Beats a job where time drags on I guess. Weekends are equally packed because it's the whole must-cram-in-as-much-fun-into-48-hours-as-we-can-before-it-starts-all-over-again.

Wait- I'm complaining about funtivity-packed weekends?

Husband and I went on a kid-free date night in Excelsior, a cute town on Lake Minnetonka.


Sitting on my butt for 40 hours sure feels like it burns a lot of calories. Errrrr...wait. Pico & guac packed burger (plus tots) was still worth it.




Being in such a hurry all day every day has been leaving me short in the breakfast department. Before Freddie, I would eat my nice bowl of cereal in front of the morning news. I've started doing overnight oats plus a quick scan of CNN on my phone instead. Good enough. 


Have you made overnight oats yet? Bonus if you're all Pinteresty and make them in a mason jar too. You combine oats and whatever you want, plus milk, and let it sit overnight. You can heat it up or eat it cold. I add ground flaxseed, Chia seeds, unsweetened almond milk, and a few drops of Trader Joe's liquid stevia. In the morning I stir in a few chopped walnuts and blueberries. Easy peasy, and holy healthy fats 'n' fiber!

I might have to start making this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And pause on the weekends for burgers, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment