Saturday, January 17, 2015

The year of George!

I can't *not* make a Seinfeld reference sometimes.
 
It has been a good week 'round here.
 
One of the hidden perks about being a parent is the songs you end up creating for your little one. Most of mine are parodies though.
 
Changing his crib sheet every other night led to "The sheet is on! Dun dun dunnnnn dun dun dunnn. The sheet is on!"
 
And constantly living in fear of his regurgitation led to J. Lo's "Waiting for your barf! Oh ohhh. When it would be here on my shirt. Waiting for your barf! I've dreamed of this barf for so long...waiting for your barf. Oh ohhhh oh oh oh."
 
I am nailing this whole parenting thing with my sweet lullabies.
 
In other news, I'm a solid three weeks late to the New Year's resolution bandwagon. Goal setting is something I discuss with all my patients, and it's easier said than done. Many of us start out the year way too gung-ho about accomplishing EVERYTHING, and then it inevitably starts to crumble, and we fully give up.
 
So how about just setting one goal each month? Studies indicate that small goals stick- so let's start there.
 
This is my own goal list I've created. Some of these things might seem insignificant, but again, better to exceed small goals than fail large goals.  
 
January- journal food intake 3x/week
February- limit to 45 minutes TV/day
March- do 50 push ups twice a week
April- take 600 mg calcium/day
May- get 8000+ steps twice a week
June- eat 1+ servings of fruit per day
July- eat 1+ servings of vegetables per day
August- jog twice weekly
September- start back up with taking 4000 IU D3 at least 4x/week
October- walk during my lunch break at least twice weekly
November- 1+ cup of tea daily
December- be in bed by 9:00 2+ nights/week
 
So think about what it is you might want to accomplish in 2015.
 
And sorry if you have J. Lo stuck in your head for the next 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment