Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmastime in the City: Part Three


For a third December in a row, my husband and I went to NYC for a long weekend. Without baby. For the record, yes, I missed him, but there was not a single moment walking around crowded
neighborhoods, navigating the subways, crammed on city buses, when I wished we had brought him.

By this trip, we had a good grasp on the food we wanted to eat again, places we wanted to re-visit, and things we still had never done before.

First stop was Chinatown to Xi’an Famous Foods. Do you think we like their noodles just a li’l bit?


Yummy.

There is a Chobani café. Yup.

Stopped at Ladurée for macarons, which I’d never had before. You guys. This is the prettiest café I’ve ever seen. The macarons are so pretty too. I got a rum, pistachio, salted caramel, and double chocolate.


Yum-meh.

Window displays at Bergdorf Goodman were stunning. I’m glad I’m not the only who appreciates infinity sparkle and shine.

Central Park selfie.

Mamoud’s Falafels in West Village. We got these to go. By 10 pm we were beat, and decided to just veg out in the hotel room.

YES WE WENT HERE SHUT UP. We wanted just a basic diner breakfast, so why not?

Went to the Museum of Natural History- our token “cultural event.”

Roar.

Also, I want a pet baby skunk-let.

And a 130 carat gemstone.

Then down to Brooklyn to Juliana’s Pizza for a margherita + meatball pizza. Yuh-may.



Monday morning we got high with a trip to the top of the Rockefeller Center building.


Went over to the Christmas market at Columbus Circle (at the corner of Central Park). There’s all sorts of overpriced gifty type things, and lots of ethnic food vendors. We split a bowl of Korean something, and then I got a salted caramel brownie krispy bar. I figured I’d walked 10+ miles so far and I earned it. Yuh-may.





Once we got back home to the land of fresh air and sandwiches-that-cost-less-than-ten-dollars, all we
wanted was plain salad and water. Gotta flush all that cheesecake from my veins.

Bye, New York. It's been real.


No comments:

Post a Comment