Friday, November 7, 2014

But I neeeeeeeed to keep my stacks of old magazines

Holy shamoly it has been too long since I’ve posted. I’ve been busy. The generic excuse everyone uses. Busy. 

Bizzy. 

BIH-ZAY.

Doing all sorts of important things, like working. Working. And then for variety, more working. And if I’m being honest, having Gilmore Girls on Netflix now is also crowding my schedule.


As a result, not only have I been post-less, but I’m pretty sure A&E has a camera crew somewhere down the block ready to film a new episode of Hoarders.  Must. Clean. House. This. Weekend.
So here’s a slew of pics to summarize the past two weeks.


Sunday Funday Baking Day.
“Wait, did my eye look weird?”
“No more weird than my face.”
Cinnamon rolls. Raspberry jam. Mixed berry jam. Tomato sauce.

Tore up the kitchen some more. New cabinets should be less than two weeks away. Then it’s just the simple tasks of screwing in all the repainted handles, staining the lower cabs dark, and painting all the uppers white, and ripping out and replacing the old floor tiles.
No big deal.





On Halloween, Happy Pumpkin turned Furious Pumpkin in less than 60 seconds.



Husband turned 33. He chose Chinese take-out for his celebratory dinner, and I also picked up a cannoli cake from Whole Foods. His gift? All-weather floor mats for his car. For the record, he may be all adult and stuff and prefer practical gifts, but I still prefer fun and frivolous gifts, mmk?

As for food, apart from Sunday Funday Baking Day, not a whole lot has been going on. I’ll be eating Mexican Couscous for the 13th meal in a row.

Why can’t cooking, home decorating, and online shopping be a full time job that pays six figures?

Anyway, here’s the part where I should promise some tasty upcoming recipes, huh?  On tap for soon-ish includes a one-pot chicken pasta dinner, slow cooker honey-glazed chicken, and a vegetarian pasta-less pad thai.

‘Til then, happy Friday.


(And if you have a shovel to help me dig out of our hoards, c’mon over)

No comments:

Post a Comment